Monday, July 2, 2007

Things I Never Told My Parents

Last night I was on the phone with my Mission President's son for over an hour. He was one of my very best friends from my mission and we reminisced about the loads of time that we spent together in Michigan. He is just coming back to Utah after 3 years and I haven't seen him since last summer. Big plans are already in the works. Anyway, at one point in the conversation we were talking about weaknesses that we never managed to correct--mine is gossip (I'm a Dinger after all). He admitted to me that after giving up caffeine for his parents, he began drinking it again about a year later. After his admission he said "Don't tell my parents." I then explained to him the joy of keeping secrets from your parents and then telling them years later when you no longer live with them and there is no way that they can do anything about it. So, in honor of this blessed fact of life, here is a list of things that I never told my parents:
  • In seventh grade while sleeping over at Casey Zaugg's house, we snuck out in the middle of the night to meet up with a bunch of girls. Casey's mom caught us but swore she would never tell.
  • I always hated playing Jr. Jazz basketball.
  • The place I lived in Detroit was not a safe place at all.
  • I never get to bed before 2 am.
  • I read "Brave New World" way before they told me I was mature enough to.
  • I wasn't asleep when they talked about the Christmas presents--not ever.

2 comments:

SD and EJ said...

You are so going to get in trouble. Don't think Mom won't spank you; she spanked me like a week ago.

jessica said...

I love it when my parents find out about things I did. It's just fun to see the shocked look on their faces.